cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated generation of licenses in the Extreme License Portal (bulk creation)

Automated generation of licenses in the Extreme License Portal (bulk creation)

Volker_Kull
Contributor

We have developed an automated generation of SN based licenses in the Extreme License Portal. This makes it possible to generate large quantities of licenses in a very short time and without errors. We use this for 10GE licenses (16542/16543) for X440-G2. But other licenses are also possible.

The created file with SN and key can be used in the XMC for the automated distribution of licenses to the switches. This is also a workflow/script we developed within a large network deployment.

Are there partners around the world who are interested in this service or support in automation?

br

Volker

2 REPLIES 2

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Hi Volker,

I have a coming project that could need a large number of licenses but I don’t know yet the model.

How did you implemented this?

Mig

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Greetings,

I activated 70 10G Licenses manually a few months ago and also installed them manually on the switches. This would have been handy. 🙂 

But I doubt that I will need this again in the future, because we mostly sell X450 and have only one or two X440 from time to time. 

Just wanted to say thank you for offering this to the community. Is this free of charge or would one need to acquire it?

Best regards
Stefan

GTM-P2G8KFN