cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BD8800 latest stable XOS

BD8800 latest stable XOS

DH1
New Contributor III
Can anyone point me in the direction of the latest stable BD8800 XOS version that you haven't had any issues with?
11 REPLIES 11

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Glad we could help (and that you were able to upgrade successfully)! Hope you'll come back and check in from time to time.

DH1
New Contributor III
Awesome! Thanks for the help

When I check the link Drew provided I see information for the 8500 and 8900 series modules but nothing for the 8800 series. I am assuming the 8800 modules are still supported under the current firmware? I apologize if I am not understanding.

oh.. after I looked at it again are the 8800 modules just called G48Tc and don't denote the 8800 in front of them?

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hey DH the last supported version is the last version of code that engineering developed for that module or switch. Meaning that the module is not supported or will not be recognized in anything later than that build.

If it is blank then the module is still supported in the code.

Hope that helps
P

DH1
New Contributor III
Thanks for the replies!

I just checked the modules I have and all seems good. I have a version installed now that consumes excessive CPU after 994 days of up time. These are my main cores so it is hard to take them down for upgrades so I want to make sure I get a version that is known to be good and not have issues like I am experiencing now.

What if the latest version of XOS is blank? (Edited)
One other question, I have BD 8800 G48Tc modules that are not listed on that site. I just noticed this, why wouldn't they be listed?

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi DH,
If the last supported version is blank, there is no "last version" yet. The document will be updated when the last supported version is determined and announced.

The MSMs are only listed in the release recommendations because the software is loaded to them, not necessarily to the I/O Modules. You'll see the I/O Modules listed on this page with a minimum and last supported version.
http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/hw_sw_compatibility/HardwareSoftwareCompatibility/bd_compon...

Does that help explain a little better? 🙂

-Drew
GTM-P2G8KFN