cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cacti / Summit v670 Switch, Bandwidth monitoring.

Cacti / Summit v670 Switch, Bandwidth monitoring.

RC_Barnhart
New Contributor II
Does anyone one know if there are Cacti templates for summit v670? I want to monitor bandwidth on ports and vlans.

12 REPLIES 12

EtherMAN
Contributor III
Exactly what is so great about this forum and the Extreme employees that participate. They have the answers and aren't afraid to post links to how to's ... I knew we could set up meters on vlans but did not know we could then poll via a OID and get results... will have to see if we can make Cacti graphs these or not.. Not sure what this would do to one of our 8900's with 2200 or so vlans in them but can for sure try this out on some of the smaller edge and aggregation switches... Thanks for teaching me something I did not know 

Good stuff EtherMAN. Thanks for sharing.

Tripathy__Priya
Extreme Employee
As said earlier ports may be pretty but not the vlans because this does require MIB to push further into graphical format by these monitoring tools. Whereas as far as i am concerned MIB not associated with Cacti for the vlan monitoring.

Anyway going forward please have a look at below article which says "Monitoring traffic in and out of a VLAN via SNMP in order to graph it with NMS software":

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-monitor-traffic-in-and-out-of-a-vla...

Check if this provides you any help..........

I see in cacti where to include the OID, but not the MIB, also you mentioned the OIDs will differ per vlan, how exactly is this determined?

EtherMAN
Contributor III
Ports are pretty easy in Cacti but not vlans... no MIB ..you have to create meters for looking at vlan traffic... this is using a standard Generic-snmp enabled template ... No issues graphing anything that has a standard mib...

9d3b7ce32bed4a888ec8d91a6d6f95c1_RackMultipart20170106-128697-1i4mky0-670-graph_inline.jpg

GTM-P2G8KFN