cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a new version of Recommended Code be issued as the existing one dated 31 Aug 2015 is cause for concern

Can a new version of Recommended Code be issued as the existing one dated 31 Aug 2015 is cause for concern

Rod_Robertson2
Contributor
Can a new version of Recommended Code be issued as the existing one dated 31 Aug 2015 is a cause for concern as its 6 months old.
15 REPLIES 15

Christina_Brunk
Extreme Employee

Christina_Brunk
Extreme Employee
This document should be updated very soon (if it doesn't go live today, it will go live tomorrow). I initially quoted a date of February 2016 to coincide with EXOS 21.1 GA but that got pushed out so the publishing of this document got pushed out as well. Note that this revision of this document does not include the latest (recommended) EOS FW added. That information was very outdated so it was removed until it can be comprehensively and accurately included (May timeframe).

Rod_Robertson2
Contributor
Hi , an update !!!! , we are being recommended by the gtac engineers to go to code 15.6.4.2-patch1-3 for 440 and X670 switches .. .

I understood the reason for issuing this document was to give external engineers confidence in the code that was being suggest , for basic switch installation and configurations. ( code used to be relatively stable, this has not been the case in the recent past )

The link above ( previous comment bu Ryan )still directs us to a page where it was last updated 31 AUG 2015.. with a different version of code suggested.

Can I suggest that the document is updated ( there was some talk of this happening Feb 2016 )with some sort of "time and date" stamp , or have it removed .

I look forward to your comments.

Thanks for the comments on this Rod.

As you can see, Christina's team is working hard to not only keep the Recommended Release versions up to date going forward, but also expand them to cover the entire Extreme portfolio.

Appreciate your patience as we get organized to establish and maintain an update frequency going forward.
GTM-P2G8KFN