cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I upgrade code using ZTP/dhcp code 43?

Can I upgrade code using ZTP/dhcp code 43?

David_Rahn
New Contributor

Can I upgrade code using dhcp code 43/ ztp? I have attempted this several times, I can get the switch to pull a config, or xsf, but it only pulls one file.

I have found a TAC paper :

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000078340

but this reads like Chineseium stereo instructions, it states that it will take several files including xos files, but my switches never ask for that file from the tftp server.( not using netsight) ( in fact the switches never ask for more than one file)

so the question is (yes or no / please no "here is a link to something you didn't ask")

If I get the option correctly formatted, will the switch download and install firmware from a tftp server?

If yes, does someone have an example of what files and server/ and what the option looks like.

Thanks for reading

DR

11 REPLIES 11

David_Rahn
New Contributor
oh, no it is ok, I am attempting to upgrade 150 switches new out of box, but it looks like they all shipped at 15.3...

I was just attempting to make it simpler for untrained techs to take care of for me

to get the first load on to the switch.

Dave_Hammers
Extreme Employee
Sorry, I was assuming 15.7 or later where EXOS enables DHCP and starts ZTP.
Prior to that, the feature was called Auto Provisioning and requires a command to start it.

David_Rahn
New Contributor
I am experimenting with this, and I see that.

thank you.

unfortunately it looks like 15.3 has auto provisioning turned off out of the box... 😕

so now I have to log in and enable that and reboot

Dave_Hammers
Extreme Employee
If an xsf is downloaded as a result of DHCP option43, ztp will execute the .xsf script immediately.
You still need to configure DHCP option43 with the .xsf filename

Downloading a script outside of the ztp process does not execute the script.
GTM-P2G8KFN