cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config back up and restore

Config back up and restore

Simon_Vosper
New Contributor III
Hi Could someone please help me with swithc back and restore. I did tftp uplaod of config file and named it new.cfg I then did :tftp get" on to another switch: X670V-48t.2 # ls -rw-r--r-- 1 admin admin 64370 May 14 16:40 new.cfg -rw-r--r-- 1 admin admin 64370 May 14 16:50 primary.cfg -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 187901 May 14 16:59 secondary.cfg drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 May 14 17:02 vmt Can someone please tell me why the command "use config new" will not work. I also made a copy of the config called primary.cfg. Put that on the switch too and over wrote the existing primary.cfg. When I reboot (saying no to save config) I just get setup wizard. Thanks Simon
13 REPLIES 13

Ravi0087
New Contributor II
@Doug Hyde , why do i have to Remove any existing configuration that may conflict with the new configurationremove old file() before pushing..... is there any better way..i do not want to remove , i dont need old file,just want use new file without factory resetting and removing all old config.thanks

Simon_Vosper
New Contributor III
Hi Everyone

Thanks for the input.

Joe - That has done the trick, many thanks

Simon

Colatuno__Joe
Extreme Employee
Hey Simon,

Did you upload the configuration via the upload configuration command or tftp put?

If tftp put you essentially have uploaded the configuration as a xml file. If you used the upload config command you are uploading as ASCII.

XML format you can tftp put the .cfg file to a switch and run the "use configuration " command.

However, if you uploaded the configuration as a ASCII format you would need to save this as a .xsf file and download to the switch. Once in the memory "ls" you should see the file with .xsf extension. At that point you must run the command "load script " Then save the configuration.

Let me know if you have any questions.

JeremyClarkson
New Contributor
This is interesting this never worked for me either I ended up copy & paste.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

GTM-P2G8KFN