cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring OSPF on x620 with AE license

Configuring OSPF on x620 with AE license

Paul
New Contributor III
I wish to configure OSPF on a broadcast segment with 2x x620. When I attempted to do this I was surprised to find that if I wanted to set the interface priority to anything other than 0 (not eligable to be DR/BDR) that I am told I am not at a sufficient license level. I have an Advanced Edge license which is surely enough for me to be able to use a IGP.

SW-x620-1.1 # show conf ospf#
# Module ospf configuration.
#
configure ospf vlan VLAN-10 priority 0

SW-x620-1.2 # configure ospf vlan VLAN-10 priority 1
Error: This command cannot be executed at the current license level.

SW-x620-1.3 # show version
Switch :
PSU-1 :
PSU-2 :

Image : ExtremeXOS version 21.1.1.4 21.1.1.4-patch1-5 by release-manager
on Thu Jun 16 14:19:33 EDT 2016
BootROM : 1.0.1.8
Diagnostics : 5.4
SW-x620-1.4 # show lic
Enabled License Level:
Advanced Edge
Enabled Feature Packs:
None

System Type: X620-16x

I have rebooted after installing the license. Is there something else I need to do?

Any help, much appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Paul
New Contributor III
Thank you for your responses, it has clarified the issue.

I was not able to use pt-pt as there were to be be another neighbour on the broadcast segment. I have decided to use VRRP with static routing as I do not want to have the adjacency dependent on only one device.

I feel that for a switch of this value, and having purchased the AE licence it is a bit mean to make this restriction.

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Configure the network between your OSPF devices as point-to-point and you do not need DR/BDR feature.
Regards Zdeněk Pala

StephenW
Extreme Employee
You could make it P2P if there are only two OSPF devices in the network segment.

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
Hello Paul,

The advanced edge license allows you to configure OSPF-edge features. Here are the caveats from our user guide:

OSPF Edge Mode is a subset of OSPF available on platforms with an Advanced Edge license.There are two restrictions on OSPF Edge Mode:
• At most, four Active OSPF VLAN interfaces are permitted. There is no restriction on the number of
Passive interfaces.
• The OSPF Priority on VLANs is 0, and is not configurable. This prevents the system from acting as a
DR or BDR.
GTM-P2G8KFN