cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dhcp on vlan default

dhcp on vlan default

chris_candrl
New Contributor
New, Summit 460 G2 running 15.6.0b12. A show config has the normal, empty config with the exception of the following section:

#
# Module netTools configuration.
#
enable dhcp vlan Default

This has not been present in the configs on any of the other, (3) new, 460G2's that I have been working on. I am unable to delete the line, and consequently, can't assign an ip address to the default vlan.

disable dhcp vlan all
WARNING: VLAN "Default" is not configured as a DHCP client

configure "Default" ipaddress 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0
Error: DHCP/BOOTP is enabled on the VLAN

disable bootp vlan all
WARNING: VLAN "Default" is not configured as a BOOTP client

trying again.....
configure "Default" ipaddress 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0
Error: DHCP/BOOTP is enabled on the VLAN

Background: I started out by having a stack of (2) 460 G2's. That is when I first saw the issue. I unconfigured the stack and looked at the config on the master 460. It did not have the "enable dhcp vlan Default" line. Checking the secondary switch it did. Somehow when I create the stack, this command is being applied from the secondary config to the stack config. I also upgraded xos to 15.7.1b4, but that didn't make any difference.

Anyone got any ideas on how this is happening or how to get rid of it?

5 REPLIES 5

Bill_Stritzinge
Extreme Employee
Chris,

I seem to remember running into that problem early on before product was released with beta code but haven't seen it on any current firmware, 15.6.1 and later...

Did you unconfigure the stack or just remove it and load it as its own master? Here is what I would try... if you have a config on the switch you need, save it off as a text file "save config as-script " - Then, vi from the file name you created earlier and in the vlan section remove the line "enable dhcp vlan default" - :w to save and then issue a "unconfigure switch all" - Upon reboot you should have a clean startup into factory default...

Check to make sure all if clean and then run the command "load script " - and you will be (hopefully) configured without DHCP enabled on the default vlan.

Let me know!

Bill
GTM-P2G8KFN