cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dislike the new web interface.

Dislike the new web interface.

Allergen
New Contributor
We recently upgraded to 5.7 from 5.3 on our BD8800. Although the previous Web interface has some issues, IMO it was a far better interface to view the important information that I need on a daily basis than the new interface. The new interfaces is less professional. I really dislike not being able to look up my interfaces by name/label like I could with the previous version. Before I would only have to go to the a GUI session infrequently. Now I can not get anything done other then manipulating port/vlan associations without going to the GUI.
10 REPLIES 10

Just making sure I follow. This is new functionality in the EXOS 15.7 web interface that you like...correct?

Allergen
New Contributor
My two big issues are that;

A) I label my ports according to what they connect. I have not found a way to add that column of information to the main ports display page so I can sort/ view that information.

 I could see/view a lot more information on the display pages with the previous firmware version. This version seems like I have to navigate to many more pages to see the same amount of information. The older format was segregated better, IMO.

In general, I think that the previous display and 'look' was more professional that what I currently have to view.

We also upgraded the firmware on our X450 Summit switches. They still have the 'preferred' display format. I like viewing information on these devices.

I have some old 200 switches (EOL). By comparison, this new version of display page is more akin to what is seen on the 200 switches. IMO, this new format is a step back to what was seen on the 200s.

Scott

Thanks for the additional context Scott. Very much appreciate it.

REF A -- Appears we've missed something. Our Dev team is investigating now and I'll report back on our way ahead here. Thank you again for brining it to our attention.

REF B -- The older format did not scale well on mobile devices. Design is a tough balance and it seems here that our decision to be mobile friendly is at odds with your preferred view. You see on mobile devices, this "spreadsheet" view didn't scale well.. Smaller screens just don't do well with the same information density that works in a traditional pc/monitor/browser connection. Our Dev team is also looking at this to see if we have any options.

NetSight is still a real option, especially for our more sophisticated users, such as yourself. Any interest in checking NetSight out?

More to come....

Ryan_Mathews
Extreme Employee
Ok, here's the skinny from our Dev team.

The EXOS web interface in 15.3 was Flash-based. To modernize the system and make it mobile-friendly, the web-interface feature was built on HTML5. Going forward, this is going to give the platform much needed flexibility and enhancements that we think you'll appreciate.....in time.

Now, with this said, the upgrade was intended to be at feature parity. It appears though, we missed something. Our apologies.

Can you give us a few more details on what you can't do in the EXOS 15.7 web interface, that you used to be able to do? Pictures are always nice.

We'll be sure to get it in to Dev and added to the SW roadmap.

Once again, thanks for weighing in on this.

Ryan_Mathews
Extreme Employee
Lorrence, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on this.

Tyler provided an alternate solution for the short-term. Its a nice call out certainly as NetSight has lots of NMS power well beyond the EXOS GUI.

However, did want to let you know that Drew and I have touched base with our Dev team to get you a proper response specific to your experience after the EXOS upgrade.

More to come on that....
GTM-P2G8KFN