Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edp information not listing

edp information not listing

Jason_Short
New Contributor II
Hi,

When I try to obtain EDP information from a particular switch using the SHOW EDP PORT ALL command I do not receive any details.

All our other switches display the detail correctly when using the above command.

Is there any reason why EDP information will not show up?

The uplink on the problem switch is a Fibre connection running on Port 48 (Shared) SFP connector.

If port 48 is being used as the uplink port should appear as a port in the VLANs or not?

Thanks in advance,

Jason
14 REPLIES 14

Jason_Short
New Contributor II
Hi Parthiban,

I have enabled LLDP and ran commands to view neighbors. Nothing was reported, after pressing return/enter the system just returned me to a blank command line.

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
Yes config is right . Can you enable lldp on both switches and check if lldp is able see neighbours ?

Jason_Short
New Contributor II
Hi buddy,

I presumme you meant..."see if Uplink Port is added in Default VLAN" - I checked and it is.
VLAN tags are set to be the same as VLAN tags on other working switches.

Something I have noticed on the other switches in use though.....4 VLANs exist (A, C, Default & MGMT)

On VLan-A the uplink port (24) is shown as tagged. All other ports untagged
On Vlan-C the uplink port (24) is hown as tagged. All other ports untagged
On VLan-Default all ports are untagged including uplink port.

Is that correct?

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
Should be a layer 2 problem.see if default vlan is added in uplink port. Check tagging and vlan details on uplink are right. I assume no acl applied to the uplink.

Jason_Short
New Contributor II
Hi Parthiban,

On the new software there doesn't appear to be an option to restart the EDP Process. To get around this I have saved any achanges made to the config file, synced the file between the stack members and finally rebooted the stack.

Same problem though. When I run SHOW EDP PORTS ALL nothing is displayed
GTM-P2G8KFN