Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edp information not listing

edp information not listing

Jason_Short
New Contributor II
Hi,

When I try to obtain EDP information from a particular switch using the SHOW EDP PORT ALL command I do not receive any details.

All our other switches display the detail correctly when using the above command.

Is there any reason why EDP information will not show up?

The uplink on the problem switch is a Fibre connection running on Port 48 (Shared) SFP connector.

If port 48 is being used as the uplink port should appear as a port in the VLANs or not?

Thanks in advance,

Jason
14 REPLIES 14

Jason_Short
New Contributor II
Hi Parthiban,

I'm thinking this is a comms/networking/ issue.

From the problem switch I cannot receive any EDP Details. From other switches EDP displays but NOT for the problem switch.

I think I need to work out why my switch is not communicating on the network.
Must be an IP issue or similar.

I have a seperate post logged at: https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/new-stack-unable-to-connect-to-network

I will however go to the problem device, restart EDP and sync the Stack Config just to ensure that any changes have been replicated.

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
As far as I know if we receive Edp then we should display and if we send Edp the peers should display . Not sure what is changed in new exos ... Need to check release notes, feature list to compare and to fix these issues. But I would say 15.2 is very old we should move to a better stable version . 15.3.1.4 latest patch used to be the most stable version

Jason_Short
New Contributor II
Hey Parthiban,

Thanks for this. I'll go and try now.

I do know that EDP is enabled on all switches as I can run the various EDP commands on them.
As for software the problem switch is using 15.6.1.4, (you may recall you advised me to use this version last week.)
All the other switches will be on older versions. The one I am curently using as a reference is using 15.2.1.15.
Do different S/W version create issues?

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
It might be a bug which is already fixed. Make sure peers have Edp enabled ( all the switches ) you could also run a capture and see if Edp is received on this switch. See if there is any difference in software version of other working switches. Try restart process Edp .

Jason_Short
New Contributor II
Sorry forgot mention. EDP is enabled
GTM-P2G8KFN