Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESRP + LACP

ESRP + LACP

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Jun 12 2012 11:21PM

Hi, I'm planning to test a redundant L2/3 environment using ESRP . I've been looking at the Extreme documents but there is no example or any mention about using LACP and ESRP. The environment will be 2 Switches running ESRP for layer 3 connectivity and a L2 stacked pair of switches connected to these L3 Switches using LACP redundant connection (two link per L3 switches). Is there any limitation using LACP and ESRP protocols?. -------------- ------------ | SW1 | ----| SW2 | ------------ ----------- | | | | -------------------------------------- | Stacked SW3 and SW4 | -------------------------------------- BR JC (from Juan Carlos_Torres)
5 REPLIES 5

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Jun 13 2012 1:09PM

Hi! You shoud be able to do this without hazzle. I'd personally consider VRRP (as previously noted) unless you need any of the special features of ESRP, just to be compatible with everything else out there. There are of course limitations on the number of ESRP/VRRP instances that you need to pay attention to (I think the max official limit is 128 VRRP instances). /Fredrik (from Fredrik_Björk)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Jun 13 2012 1:08PM

Hi! You shoud be able to do this without hazzle. I'd personally consider VRRP (as previously noted) unless you need any of the special features of ESRP, just to be compatible with everything else out there. There are of course limitations on the number of ESRP/VRRP instances that you need to pay attention to (I think the max official limit is 128 VRRP instances). /Fredrik (from Fredrik_Björk)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II

GTM-P2G8KFN