Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXOS FA ZTP

EXOS FA ZTP

Jose_Chaves
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am deploying several x440G2 switches with fabric attach.

Is there a way to gain access to the switches with ZTP like in the ERS?

In the ERS I have FA server configured with mgmt VLAN/i-sid and DHCP, so when the switch come up it receives the mgmt vlan and gets an IP of the dhcp. Then I just have to access the switch and deploy the configuration.

Is there a similar way to do this in EXOS?

Regards,

José Chaves

2 REPLIES 2

Jose_Chaves
New Contributor II
Hi, Ludovico

Thanks for the quick replay.

I will upgrade to 31.6 to see if I get the DHCP working.
The automatic LAG on the XOS is working perfectly.

Thanks

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee
Hi Jose
You should be able to do exactly the same with XOS.
XOS has the added bonus, that if your FA Server ports are configured as MLT or SMLT (but static config, not with LACP) then XOS will automatically create the sharing LAG on the uplink ports (which ERS never did).
XOS is a bit more aggressive with DHCP client; it can perform DHCP in any of the possible 4096 VLAN ids (including untagged), so it can seek out an uplink tagged VLAN even without that VLAN being configured on the XOS in the first place. Once an IP can be acquired via DHCP on a given q-tag, a VLAN is dynamically created for that q-tag on the switch.
But it can also do DHCP on the FA mgmt VLAN pushed down by the FA Server, just like the ERS does.
We have however had some issue with XOS not doing DHCP on the FA mgmt VLAN in recent versions and on some XOS models (like the 440G2), this is supposed to be fixed in 31.6 now.
If you did experience this problem, as a workaround, you can enable flex-uni on the VSP FA server ports, and you can plumb a static I-SID binding on the same FA server ports, then don't supply any FA mgmt VLAN on those same FA server ports; the EXOS switch will then find that binding anyway and get a DHCP IP address on it.
The other thing you need to be careful about, is that once the XOS switch gets configured by ZTP+, the port templates will be applied; so naturally the Interswitch port template is the template which will get applied on the XOS uplink ports. Make sure that your management VLAN is also configured in that port template, otherwise it's like deleting the mgmt VLAN on the switch uplink port just after onboarding the switch, which is not very clever!
GTM-P2G8KFN