cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme NAC Removal

Extreme NAC Removal

T_Pitch
New Contributor III

I’m trying to remove one of my switches from NAC. I’ve removed the switch from NAC, and removed most of the configuration information from the switch but I can’t seem to remove the following configuration for all of my ports. I’ve tried the typical “unconfigure” but there isn’t a command to do that.

configure netlogin mac ports 2 timers reauth-period 43200 reauthentication on
configure netlogin dot1x ports 2 timers quiet-period 600 reauth-period 43200

1. Is there a way to remove this without wiping the entire config?
  2. If I can’t remove them, could I just leave them there without causing any issue?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Ty_Izzet
Extreme Employee

Setting the netlogin configuration for that particular port to the default configuration may help. You could look into the ‘show configuration netlogin detail’ output to compare with ports that have not been changed. For the Netlogin portion, the following should set the ports to default and therefore would not show up in the ‘show configuration’ output. If you do not need authentication, disabling MAC and dot1x would help though the config will remain incase you decide to re-enable authentication.

configure netlogin dot1x ports 2 timers server-timeout 30 quiet-period 60 reauth-period 3600 reauth-max 3 reauthentication

disable netlogin ports 2 mac dot1x

There is also the chance that NAC could overwrite any changes made to the switch.

GTM-P2G8KFN