cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Networks Summit 400 48t switch

Extreme Networks Summit 400 48t switch

mattk
New Contributor II
It seems there is no way for me to get the latest firmware (7.8.4 I think?) from Extreme Networks for my Summit 400 48t switch becuase it is "End of Life".

Why can't Extreme Networks provide free firmware updates on their website with an easy registration/login process like many other companies? Instead I'm directed to a partner who won't talk me to because my product is at the end of its life cycle. This discourages me from purchasing anything from Extreme Networks or their partners in the future as there seems no easy way for customer self service.
15 REPLIES 15

mattk
New Contributor II
Try this

mattk
New Contributor II
That worked great! Thank you so much.

Sumit_Tokle
Contributor
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyyh88tleh5n878/v784b1-patch1-4.Cxtr
Use above link to download 7.8. patch 1-3.

mattk
New Contributor II
Thanks Sumit, I appreciate your effort but that appears to be quite an old firmware release for the switch (7.4.2b6), even older than the one I'm currently running (7.7e.3.5). I believe the latest release for the switch is 7.8.4. Any possibility of getting this?

Sumit_Tokle
Contributor
Upgrade a Summit 400-48t to ExtremeWare 7.4 as follows: 1 Upload the current configuration to a TFTP server.

2 Verify the current BootROM is version 5.1. If the BootROM is version 5.1, go to step 3, otherwise

download the BootROM: s400_boot51.bin and reboot the switch.

3 Download ExtremeWare 7.3 image.

4 Save the configuration using the save configuration command.

5 Download ExtremeWare 7.4 image.

6 Reboot the switch using the reboot command.

7 Download the configuration you saved in step 1. For example:

download config 10.60.112.254 saved.cfg

This step is optional.

-------------------------

You can download the requested software from this link:

http://www.extremenetworks.com/ftp/ftp_new.aspx?file=rvandijk/ASL Extreme Firmware request.rar

The rar files includes the following files:

v73e0b43.Cxtr

v742b6.Cxtr

ExtremeWare 7.4.2b6 Rev03 RelNote-1.pdf

GTM-P2G8KFN