cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme x440 VLANS and Raspberry Pi

Extreme x440 VLANS and Raspberry Pi

Kenny_Davis
New Contributor
I have a Raspberry Pi that is having some issues getting over to one of our other campuses. Here is the setup.
Campus 1 where the Raspberry Pi is located has a Fortigate 400E, switches are all X440 with VLANS in place. The Fortigate handles routing between VLANS as well as between campuses. The network for this location is 10.136.0.0
Campus 2 also has a Fortigate but there are no VLANS in place flat network. The network is at 10.138.0.0
The FortiGate's handles all the routing between these campuses.

When I connect the Raspberry Pi directly to the Fortigate 400E at campus 1 I am able to ping the Fortigate at campus 2, no problem.
When I connect the Raspberry Pi to one of the X440's and place the Pi on a VLAN that has routes and permissions to all other campuses and VLANS I can ping the Fortigate 400E at campus 1 but not the Fortigate at campus 2.

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

AdrianO
Contributor
The only think that I can think off and matches those conditions is that there is no route from the raspberry vlan to fortigate´s vlan.

That would make sense.

Can you ping the Fortigate in question when you source the ping from the same interface the Rasberry Pi is in?

From the EXOS switch it would be "ping <Fortigate interface> from <vlan rasberry pi is in>

Thanks,
Chris Thompson

I was able to ping the Fortigate at the other campus, I also plugged in a laptop to the port that the Raspberry Pi was connected to and was able to ping the Fortigate at the other campus. This one has me scratching my head.

CThompsonEXOS
Extreme Employee
Hi Kenny,

Is there a fdb port on the question?

show fdb port <port in question>

Thanks,
Chris Thompson
GTM-P2G8KFN