cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Extreme x620-16t Inventory manager archive error "Connection Refused" CLI access is not enabled

Extreme x620-16t Inventory manager archive error "Connection Refused" CLI access is not enabled

Phillip_Hood
New Contributor
I have 2 x620-16t switches that my coworker has setup. The 2nd switch was setup using the config from the first one and had the IP changed so the config should be the same. However, I am not able to get the archive working in EMC/Inventory Mgr. It gives the error "Connection refused, CLI access is not enabled for this device". I got the first one working but this one will not. How to I enable this when all settings that I know of are or should be the same as the first switch?
17 REPLIES 17

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
If you use SSH, do you have the key generated? What is the "show management" output from both? Any difference there?
Regards Zdeněk Pala

I set the username and password the same on both. The odd thing is, I can use that login info with SSH on the first switch that was setup but I cannot use SSH on the 2nd switch but the same login info works with telnet. Using Putty.

bcb881f9d96d4e9bb15835116badb783_RackMultipart20170209-39080-1dllh5-Capture_inline.png

+1, what Pala wrote..also...

A basic test would be to telnet/ssh to both switches (from the EMC CLI) using the same user/pw - just to check whether the user/pw is the same on both - you didn't mentioned if that works.

what version is running on the switch
GTM-P2G8KFN