cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware upgrade question regarding regarding x465 switch?

Firmware upgrade question regarding regarding x465 switch?

jwumcp
New Contributor

Hello, I download the firmware from Extreme Network and I noticed they are onie-30.3.1.6.xos and onie-30.3.1.6-diagnostics.xmod. Do I need to install both of them? I know when I upgrade firmware for ERS switches. I install both diagnostic file and software image.

If I need to install both, is there a sequence that I need to follow? such as I need to install diagnostics. xmod before installing xos?

Thank you in advance.

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CWurm
Contributor

Hi John,

I might just as well add the command for downloading an xos or xmod file to the switch. The command is the following one:

download image <server ip> one-30.3.1.6.xos vr VR-Default

The VR-Default specifies the virtual router in which the server IP address sits - specifying the VR is not required but I usually add it to the command. VRs on XOS can be compared to VRFs on VOSS: the VR-Default is the same as GlobalRouter and VR-Mgmt is the same as MgmtRouter.

However you can also download the image by attaching an USB stick to the switch which usually works even faster than downloading the image through TFTP or SCP.

Kind regards

Christian

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CWurm
Contributor

You’re welcome! Glad I could help!

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III

You can also use the download url command, to specify downloading from a webserver.

https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/exos_commands_22.5/guid-40c25aa2-d2fe-4715-b4ca-2b7137629c...

jwumcp
New Contributor

Thank you  Christian for the detail information provided.

CWurm
Contributor

Hi John,

I might just as well add the command for downloading an xos or xmod file to the switch. The command is the following one:

download image <server ip> one-30.3.1.6.xos vr VR-Default

The VR-Default specifies the virtual router in which the server IP address sits - specifying the VR is not required but I usually add it to the command. VRs on XOS can be compared to VRFs on VOSS: the VR-Default is the same as GlobalRouter and VR-Mgmt is the same as MgmtRouter.

However you can also download the image by attaching an USB stick to the switch which usually works even faster than downloading the image through TFTP or SCP.

Kind regards

Christian

GTM-P2G8KFN