Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeradius setup - version??

Freeradius setup - version??

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Oct 5 2012 9:32AM

Hello, I am attempting to set up freeradius with my switches according to: ExtremeXOS® Concepts Guide Software Version 15.2

Especially the section regarding the profiles:

"Command authorization is also managed on a RADIUS server by editing text files. On a FreeRADIUS
server, the profiles file is divided into sections called profiles. Each profile lists command access
definitions. In the users file, you can use the Profile-Name attribute to select the command profile that
applies to each user managed by command authorization."

I have simply installed freeradius from yum version 2.1.10-5, but there are NO "profiles" file. Therefore in order to follow the guide, I need to know what version of freeradius is being used as it is not mentioned anywhere in the document.

Can you tell me which version of freeradius is used in the guide? Or how I can get around this?

Thank you

(from No_Shankus)
14 REPLIES 14

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Oct 9 2012 11:17AM

Hi Prusso,

any news yet on whether it's possible? (from No_Shankus)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Oct 8 2012 10:01AM

Great, thank you again. (from No_Shankus)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Oct 5 2012 4:13PM

Hello Noshankus

I am currently having issues uploading files. I have a case open to see what the issue is and once resolved will post some docs that I hope helps point you in the right direction.

Hopefully I will have an update soon

P
(from Paul_Russo)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Oct 5 2012 2:51PM

That would be great thank you.

What I am interested in is the configuration of both freeradius (freeradius-2.1.10-5.el6.x86_64) on Redhat and various/any extremeos switches where I can perform per-command authentication.

I understand that the switch in general has only two access levels; administrator and readonly. What I am trying to achieve is to have a "per-command" authentication implemented where specific commands may be executed if the users are authenticated to do so in freeradius.

If freeradius is not suitable for this, please let me know what other radius software I can use to implement the "per-command" authentication.

Thank you for your time  (from No_Shankus)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Oct 5 2012 1:56PM

Hey Noshankus

We usually recommend FreeRADIUS freeradius.org.
I will try and upload a doc that helps show how to configure freeradius.

Thanks
P (from Paul_Russo)
GTM-P2G8KFN