Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeradius setup - version??

Freeradius setup - version??

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Oct 5 2012 9:32AM

Hello, I am attempting to set up freeradius with my switches according to: ExtremeXOS® Concepts Guide Software Version 15.2

Especially the section regarding the profiles:

"Command authorization is also managed on a RADIUS server by editing text files. On a FreeRADIUS
server, the profiles file is divided into sections called profiles. Each profile lists command access
definitions. In the users file, you can use the Profile-Name attribute to select the command profile that
applies to each user managed by command authorization."

I have simply installed freeradius from yum version 2.1.10-5, but there are NO "profiles" file. Therefore in order to follow the guide, I need to know what version of freeradius is being used as it is not mentioned anywhere in the document.

Can you tell me which version of freeradius is used in the guide? Or how I can get around this?

Thank you

(from No_Shankus)
14 REPLIES 14

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Oct 11 2012 5:22PM

good luck

If the response is not what you want from TAC don't for get you can escalate via a duty manager.

P (from Paul_Russo)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Oct 11 2012 2:54PM

Hi Prusso,

unfortunately, the issue is not with freeradius, but with extreme. Possibly it is just misleading documentation.
I will go through normal support to find a resolution.

Thank you for your help. (from No_Shankus)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Oct 11 2012 2:27PM

Sorry Noshankus

I do not have any other documentation other than how to setup the switch not on the radius server.

Not sure what else to suggest except to find a FreeRadius support group or admin.

Sorry it wasn't more help.

P (from Paul_Russo)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Oct 11 2012 8:31AM

Hi Prusso,

I appreciate your help, thank you. However, this does not explain what I'm asking for.
I'm looking for the part about: "Configuring Command Authorization" using freeradius.

Please see page 886 in:
http://www.extremenetworks.com/libraries/services/EXOS_Concepts_Guide_15.2.pdf
which was:
"Published: August 2012"

There are 4 files to configure:
"users", "dictionary" and "clients" --> no problem
"profiles" --> doesn't seem to exist in freeradius

Which leads me to believe that it's not possible, although the documentation is saying the contrary.

I'd appreciate it if you could clear that up - or provide another excerpt from that same document that details that configuration with freeradius. Likely, it doesn't involve a profiles file, but something else perhaps? (from No_Shankus)
GTM-P2G8KFN