cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problems setting ports to 10mb after XOS 22.2.1.5 upgrade

Having problems setting ports to 10mb after XOS 22.2.1.5 upgrade

Evan_Kuckelheim
New Contributor II
Hello all, I just sent out the new XOS 22.2.1.5 firmware to a few switches now i am having issues setting ports to 10mb for some legacy devices. UPS cards and old cisco pots ata's. I did not have this issue on the previous FW XOS 22.1.1.5.

I only noticed this after our 3 old ups interfaces that only work when the port is set to 10mb never came back up after a switch upgrade. Including one old cisco ata that only works at 10mb. All on separate vlan's and closets.

I am changing this via the command.

configure ports 2:47 auto off speed 10 duplex full

Any ideas or could this be a bug?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
I see this bug as well.. along with a large list of other bugs.

Evan_Kuckelheim
New Contributor II
Just leaving an update from GTAC
Looks like a bug
Hello Evan, Sorry for the delay. I was able to replicate this in our lab. Unfortunately, the port goes into an unrecoverable point on my switch. No amount of restarting or re-configuring ever brings it up. Regardless I will reach out to our engineering team for them to take a look.

Evan_Kuckelheim
New Contributor II
If it is left on auto neg it comes up as half duplex i can manually force it to Full duplex and it works. Connection works with both half duplex or full duplex. That's not the point though. Before i was receiving no link light when the port was set to auto or 10mb manually on the switch.

Until i pushed the old version of XOS (22.1.1.5) down to the switch using inventory manager and changed my partition back to the XOS (22.2.1.5) in the CLI using the command "use image secondary". Then if i disabled and restarted ports for my manually set 10mb ports. They got a link light. Sorry if that didn't make sense above.

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
Sorry, I'm a bit lost. the device is negotiating 10Mbps Half-Duplex? But it should be Full-Duplex, right? On the switch, what is the speed/duplex setting? Looks like there's autoneg only on one side. Make sure the devices are also requesting full-duplex (maybe the link loss on reboot made them change that), as half-duplex is not supported on these switches.

GTM-P2G8KFN