cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Having problems setting ports to 10mb after XOS 22.2.1.5 upgrade

Having problems setting ports to 10mb after XOS 22.2.1.5 upgrade

Evan_Kuckelheim
New Contributor II
Hello all, I just sent out the new XOS 22.2.1.5 firmware to a few switches now i am having issues setting ports to 10mb for some legacy devices. UPS cards and old cisco pots ata's. I did not have this issue on the previous FW XOS 22.1.1.5.

I only noticed this after our 3 old ups interfaces that only work when the port is set to 10mb never came back up after a switch upgrade. Including one old cisco ata that only works at 10mb. All on separate vlan's and closets.

I am changing this via the command.

configure ports 2:47 auto off speed 10 duplex full

Any ideas or could this be a bug?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

Evan_Kuckelheim
New Contributor II
Yes indeed.

ATM if i downgrade using inventory manager to 22.1.1.5 and that didnt work. I typed in "use image secondary" bringing me back to
22.2.15 and all i did was type
"* Slot-1 X-460-G2-KMS_CLOSET_E.9 # configure ports 2:47 auto-polarity on
* Slot-1 X-460-G2-KMS_CLOSET_E.10 # restart ports 2:47
* Slot-1 X-460-G2-KMS_CLOSET_E.11 # disable ports 2:47
* Slot-1 X-460-G2-KMS_CLOSET_E.12 # enable ports 2:47
* Slot-1 X-460-G2-KMS_CLOSET_E.13 # restart ports 2:47
"

The port came up at 10mb half duplex!

Am i crazy? how did that just work?

Just tried the same exact procedure on three different switches it worked! I still have one switch i haven't touched since the original upgrade and tried changing the polarity, enabling and disabling the port and restarting the port it does not work. I have even gave this specific switch a cold reset and same behavior.

I have even tried taking that same device from that closet and plugging in my test switch and after performing the downgrade and upgrade from above; the device negotiates at 10mb half duplex.

I really don't understand why this occurring it is indeed very bizarre.

All are from X460-G2's

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
did you try the good old disable/enable on one of the ports?

Evan_Kuckelheim
New Contributor II
Yes indeed. Patch cables have been swapped out and the device has been plugged in directly into the switch before i was even notified.

I have tried setting the ports back to auto and dropped it back down to 10mb.
With no change.

Sounds good i will open a case with GTAC.
Edited:

Case Number: 01296191

BrandonC
Extreme Employee
Just to confirm, these were working previously with the same cables, patch panels, etc?

If so, I would suggest opening a case with GTAC so that we can investigate this fully.

Evan_Kuckelheim
New Contributor II
I only have X460-G2's deployed.
GTM-P2G8KFN