Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, I need to configure elrp

Help, I need to configure elrp

Susana_Tovar
New Contributor II
Hello All,

I need configure elrp in switch X460-24t version 16.1.4.2 patch1-7 but i don't know what option to choose, i have this options:
  • Log-and-trap disable-port egress permanent
  • Log disable-port ingress permanent
What is the difference between Log-and-trap disable-port egress permanent and Log disable-port ingress permanent

Thanks everyone for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That makes sense, all our user ports trunk voice vlan but not trunk for the data side. I appreciate the explanation.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Thanks with your answer 🙂

Happy to see egress mode is used in the field, and correctly understood. This is a nice improvement to ELRP that I have been advocating for a long time.

Thanks with your answer 🙂

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
Hi,

"log-and-trap" vs "log" is about what info will be sent to signal the loop detection. The "disable-port" is the action taken when a loop is detected, and the "permanent" keyword means the port will not go back up automatically, an admin will have to enable it. As for the "ingress" versus "egress" options, this is a new one since 16.1. It tells what port should be disabled, either the "ingress" one (where the elrp looped packet has been received) or the "egress" one (where the elrp looped packet has been transmitted).
GTM-P2G8KFN