cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you reset a summit X450a-24T to factory default?

How do you reset a summit X450a-24T to factory default?

Travis
New Contributor II
Just trying to get into the switch mainly im new to Extreme and I just wanted to play around with one. learn how to back it up and reconfigure it, i bought a used machine with a unknown password and i have tried many was to reset it none are working i have finally got in the switch with the user account but i cannot access anything or reconfigure anything.
20 REPLIES 20

dflouret
Extreme Employee
The XOS image is not a file you can access to transfer out of the switch via TFTP.

You can go to eSupport (esupport.extrementworks.com) and select Download Software Updates. You will be asked for a Serial Number or Service Agreement Number and will have access to the EXOS versions you are entitled to.

Travis,

That's not exactly what Extreme Networks told you...

What Extreme Networks told you is that, since your equipment had a warranty that covered 1 year of hardware replacement and 90 days of support and software subscription, and that period has expired, you need to buy a support contract to get access to software updates/upgrades, receive technical support and/or replace a failed unit.

It's like with your car. After the warranty is over, you have to pay for repairs and spares...

I understand you may not like it, but that's the way it is...

Anyway, send me an email and I will help you get the image you need.

Regards, Daniel

Travis
New Contributor II
i dont have a service agreement I've already tried that and because my switch is used Extreme basically told me to get fucked

Travis
New Contributor II
now that i got in how do i take the XOS off the switch to make sure i have a backup XOS for other future Extreme Products
GTM-P2G8KFN