Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure existing core switch as stack

How to configure existing core switch as stack

Gihan1
New Contributor
Hi all,
Currently, I'm using Summit X460-G2-24x-10GE4 switch as Core switch and hope to add another Summit X460-G2-24x-10GE4 switch to the Core and Stack both switches. Currently core switch has only a few VLANs and few routing as configuration. I need to know that the core switch configuration is removing or not when, configuring the stack on the current core. And Is it possible to configure the stack keeping the current core configuration? and How I do that?

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

Gihan1
New Contributor

Thanks, Stephen for the information But unfortunately my core switch firmware is 21.1.3.7 and needs to upgrade 22 or above.

Thank you very much.

FredrikB
Contributor II

That’s good news! Previously a conversion to a stack made the switch wipe the entire config, which was kind of annoying if the stack was like 500 km away… Gihan and everyone else: make sure you have the old config saved in other places than the switch just in case the stack conversion goes horribly wrong! Apparently this is a new feature and with any vendor I’d say you shouldn’t trust it just yet.

/Fredrik

StephenW
Extreme Employee
Gihan,

Welcome to the community! I have good news, the configuration is now automatically converted to a stacking config when running 22.4 and newer. I would upgrade to the latest patch of 22.7 and reboot to load that version. Once you have done that you can enable stacking and your config will be automatically converted.

Thanks,

Stephen
GTM-P2G8KFN