cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure muliple link connection between server and exos x590 switch ?

How to configure muliple link connection between server and exos x590 switch ?

MarekorMark
New Contributor III

I have DataDomain server which need to be connected to network by 4x10Gb uplinks
1st uplink has IP 192.168.1.10 in vlan 10 
2nd uplink has IP 192.168.1.11 in vlan 10
3rd and 4th uplink is a failover and it has IP 192.168.1.12 in vlan 10
thats the config i know, i dont adminitrate this server

3rd and 4th  link need to be configured as redundant active active link
if both works then i have 20gb uplink if one fail, second is up and conversely but still i have minium 10gp uplink on 3 and 4 port

all 4 links for DataDomain are in the same network

the configuration need to be don on x590 stack on 2 nodes 
server nic 1 and 2 are connected to stack port 1:1 and 2:1
server nic 3 and 4 are connected to stack port 1:2 and 2:2
How to set ports 1:2 and 2:2 to work with server as i described above?

Regards
Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

"redundant port" is an active/standby situation.. you wanted an active/active situation which would be the link aggregation via "enable sharing" and should only be for ports 3 and 4 based on your explanation.

If the switch disables the other ports, then it seems that the server is internally forwarding traffic between it's interfaces and creates a loop, which should not happen (and should be investigated on the server side).

The algorithms (L2, L3, L3_L4, etc.) are only locally relevant and how egressing traffic is being distributed over the available links.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Chris_H
Extreme Employee

configure a link aggregation between the server ports 3 and 4 and the switch... if the server supports LACP, even better.

on the switch look into the "enable sharing" command.

MarekorMark
New Contributor III

well i did that with L2 and L3 address based  and  then port based  and still 3rd (2:1) of the switched port is making ports 2 (1:2) and 4 (2:2) go down(enable not active) and ready state. The same when i put 3rd and 4th port in redundant state. by config port 1:2 redundant 2:2 link on/off (dosnt matted wich state). It look like a kind of loop but every server interface as its own different mac address

"redundant port" is an active/standby situation.. you wanted an active/active situation which would be the link aggregation via "enable sharing" and should only be for ports 3 and 4 based on your explanation.

If the switch disables the other ports, then it seems that the server is internally forwarding traffic between it's interfaces and creates a loop, which should not happen (and should be investigated on the server side).

The algorithms (L2, L3, L3_L4, etc.) are only locally relevant and how egressing traffic is being distributed over the available links.

GTM-P2G8KFN