cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to Display Summit X400 Series LLDP Information onto Cisco IP 79xx series Web GUI

How to Display Summit X400 Series LLDP Information onto Cisco IP 79xx series Web GUI

Rory_Schmitz
New Contributor II
Hi,

We're migrating away from Cisco switches and onto the Summit X400 series switches. We currently have Cisco IP Phones (7900 and 9900 series). From the IP Phone web GUI on the Cisco switches, we were easily able to determine what switch, switch IP, and port a particular phone was plugged into. This of course used CDP. Now that we're all Extreme for switches, I'm trying to get the proper LLDP information of the Summit switches to display properly...

Here's a screenshot of the info that is shown in the Web GUI of the IP Phones:

63f4e7abf42b4b4897692bf1b2e959d0_RackMultipart20170412-83917-esohot-LLDP_Info_inline.jpg

I can get the following LLDP information by doing the following:

LLDP Neighbor Device ID: configure snmp sysName
LLDP Neighbor Port: configure port display-string

However, I cannot seem to find a spot to set the LLDP Neighbor IP Address line so the phones display the switch IP.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to have this information automatically filled in. Not sure what the best approach is for that? Script maybe?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

StephenW
Extreme Employee
Bastian is correct. We should come out with a new feature this year that allows us to pick a VLAN as your LLDP advertised management-address.

Bastian_Sprotte
Extreme Employee
Hello,
please check that you have configured an IP on the Mgmt Vlan, this IP will be used for the LLDP management IP, or you will see an MAC address.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/EXOS-LLDP-neighbor-Mgmt-Addr-is-Mac-address-v...

-

StephenW
Extreme Employee
Hello Rory,

The below commands will enable the LLDP advertisement you're looking for.

conf lldp ports all advertise management-address system-name port-description en lldp ports all

GTM-P2G8KFN