Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to Factory Reset x440-48p-10g after forgetting password

How to Factory Reset x440-48p-10g after forgetting password

Rory_Schmitz
New Contributor II

BootRom> config none doesnt work...

I don't have a fail safe account set up.

Is there any other option besides trying to mess with TFTP and get a new image onto the switch described here:https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000074224

I just want to start over as quickly as possibly without having to try and set up a TFTP server and download an image.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cairo007
New Contributor
Are you able to link me to that or any firmware for X440-48T? I am having trouble accessing the firmware as the switches I acquired do not have the support contact valid. Any help would be greatly appreciated! ļ™‚

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

BradP
Extreme Employee
Hi Rory,

What leads you to believe that "config none" isn't working? I know there are bootrom options where this command doesn't work, but if the switch is still displaying the banner, despite using the "config none" option, all is not lost. The banner is stored in a seperate portion of the configuration due it needing to be loaded before EXOS is fully loaded. If you still see the banner, please try to use the admin/ login and see if that works. I've had customers in the past that assumed that it didn't work because they saw the banner.

Good luck!
Brad

BrandonC
Extreme Employee
Hi Rory,

Unfortunately, if this switch is running one of the versions of bootrom where config none is not available, the quickest way to do this would be to set up a TFTP server and load a new image from the bootrom.

-Brandon
GTM-P2G8KFN