cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to partition compact flash card

How to partition compact flash card

Aneeq_Zia
New Contributor
I have a Summit X350-48t which has XOS booting issue. Nothing comes up in serial console and Mgmt LED blinks a little faster than usual. I already have the fresh copy of XOS image for this switch but having a little problem with flash partitioning. I opened up the switch, accessed it with a compact Flash card reader. it is 256MB capacity of card. It was showing only 19 MB of valid partition. I partitioned it with diskpart and copied XOS image to single partitioned CF card but problem still exists. is there any special method to partition flash card or am I missing any other file other than XOS file?
9 REPLIES 9

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
I apologize, I believe this issue is due to something hardware related. We have seen this issue before and the lack of console output is more evidence that the switch is defective. The partitioning of the memory chip itself is not something we typically work on. I will allow someone else to provide more information if there is any.

Aneeq_Zia
New Contributor
capacitors look fine, not even a sign of burning like smell.

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
How do the capacitors look on the switch? Are any of them bulging?

Aneeq_Zia
New Contributor
I read this before opening up the switch, and there was nothing coming up on the console, so no benefit of pressing space bar. since its an old switch, warranty expired and no service contract in place, therefore decided to do some engineering on my own.....

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
Hello Aneeq,

Did you reach out to GTAC before proceeding with this method? There are ways to reload an image without opening the box. This can be done through the Bootrom:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-Use-the-Boot-Rom-Menu-to-Download-a...
GTM-P2G8KFN