Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some help with a Extreme Summit X440-24t configuration

I need some help with a Extreme Summit X440-24t configuration

Alysson_Campos
New Contributor
Hi guys, I need some help.

We bought a Extreme Summit X440-24t switch and the idea is to replace a Cisco 3560 switch. I have no experience with XOS and there are two port configurations that I don´t know how to set up. These are the configurations on the cisco way:

## On these port how can I set up the port-security with MAC on ExtremeXOS

1. interface GigabitEthernet0/1:

switchport access vlan 450
switchport port-security mac-address c0ea.e46a.1821

## On these port how can I set up the port to L3 routing port and set up an IP to the port.

2. interface GigabitEthernet0/26:

no switchport
ip address 177.69.10.4 255.255.255.0

i appreciate your help!
15 REPLIES 15

Bin
Extreme Employee

Hi Bin,

In this part you have explained how to bind MAC to a port. I want to know how I can bind public IP to a port.

Thanks in advance...

Kevin_Eaton
New Contributor
Hi Alysson,

To answer the first part of your question you can configure MAC security by connecting the device to the relevant port (so the MAC address appears on that port) and then running the following:

create vlan test tag 450
configure vlan test add port 1 untagged
configure port 1 vlan test lock-learning

This will lock the MAC address on port 1 so no other MAC addresses can be used. You can also use 'limit-learning' to limit the number of MACs learnt to a certain number. 'unlock-learning' removes the lock and 'unlimited-learning' removes the limit.

I hope this helps.

Kevin

Sumit_Tokle
Contributor
Yes, you are correct.

I believe in Cisco, you need to configure "ip routing" command in order to enable routing. In same way, you could configure "enable ipforwarding " to configure that interface as L3

Alysson_Campos
New Contributor
Thank you Sumit Tokle. In that case what you´re saying is that when I enable ipforwarding to a specific vlan X it turns those ports in that vlanX into a L3 routing ports? Because in my understanding a Vlan is a L2 usually.
GTM-P2G8KFN