cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect defaults in XOS 30.6.1.11?

Incorrect defaults in XOS 30.6.1.11?

David_Rickard
New Contributor

I have just been setting up two new X590s with this version and found that two commands were enabled without me doing anything, yet the docs show that the default behaviour is disabled

I suspect the docs are right and the config change is an error because the enable command showed up in a “show config” but if I disable them the disable comand does not show up in a “show config”

Commands are:

enable icmp useredirects

enable bgp neighbor xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx address-family l2vpn-evpn next-hop-unchanged

Any thoughts?  Looking at the explanations it would also seem right that both of these would be disabled by default.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FredrikB
Contributor II

If the “disable” commands are the default, they won’t show up in a normal “show”. Why the “enable” commands were there if they are NOT default, well… no clue, sorry 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

David_Rickard
New Contributor

Thanks for replying Frederik but that’s exactly what I was saying in my post. If they are default then they wouldn’t show in the config without the “detail” option, so the only explanation is that the switch set these non-default values somehow during the initial boot.

FredrikB
Contributor II

If the “disable” commands are the default, they won’t show up in a normal “show”. Why the “enable” commands were there if they are NOT default, well… no clue, sorry 🙂

GTM-P2G8KFN