cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inline Power System information missing / No POE on otherwise working switch X440

Inline Power System information missing / No POE on otherwise working switch X440

Wesley
New Contributor
I am looking at two X440-48Poe switches, both working with 15.7.1.4 XOS. One switch supplies POE and the other does not. On the working switch SHOW INLINE-POWER returns the firmware status and power wattage information. On the switch that does not supply POE (otherwise working) the command returns no firmware or power wattage information, its just missing. Is this a bad power supply? I tried UNCONFIGURE SWITCH, didn't help.
9 REPLIES 9

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
Perhaps a silly question - if you issue an "en inline", does it return any errors or anything?

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
Looking at a couple of mine and they all show stats, even if not providing power. Hopefully, someone else will have some idea... Good luck.

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
Just re-read your post (was thinking one was POE and one was not). I'd be curious to see what "show power" says. I do believe that a POE device that's not providing power would still show it as active. Strange.

Wesley
New Contributor
That command says internal power supply state 'Powered On'

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
I believe inline will only show POE stats, not general power supply stats. Try "sho power detail".
GTM-P2G8KFN