cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an OID to check mlag peer?

Is there an OID to check mlag peer?

Marvell_Kay
New Contributor II
I am trying to write a script to audit Extreme switches and their mlag peers. So, my question is, is there a SNMP OID to check mlag peer and port?

Thanks
Damon
12 REPLIES 12

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
Hi,

Are you running EXOS 21.x or later? If so, you could rather use JSONRPC to connect to the switches and then I could give you some CLI commands to retrieve such info directly in json format, if you prefer (or you just stick to usual CLI command).

Marvell_Kay
New Contributor II
I seen that page before while researching but was hoping there is a easier way. It feels like a nightmare getting information and storing what port is assigned to ISC vlan. Even if I somehow get that info, I will them have to check "sh sharing" and find out which one is the master.

I guess I have to go the login route. I was hoping to get that info from SNMP only.

Sushruth_Sathya
Extreme Employee
The following article will give you information on using SNMP to find ports assigned to a VLAN -
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/What-is-the-SNMP-OID-to-know-the-ports-assign...

Marvell_Kay
New Contributor II
Any updates will be appreciated. I really want to get information using SNMP rather than logging into switch and executing show commands. I am using Python and the only information I am having issue getting from SNMP is what master port is being used on ISC link between peers.

Thanks

Marvell_Kay
New Contributor II
Thank you both for you great response. I am actually auditing Extreme switches and saving info in DB. I am able to get all information and now I can also get mlag peer switch name.

For mlag port, is there an OID to just look for ports that are in ISC vlan (always has 4000 tag)? When I use above OID for mlag ports, it is list all mlag ports including host mlag ports. I would like to get master mlag port being used as ISC between peers.

something like: sh vlan ISC | i Tag:

That gives me what master port is configured for ISC.

Thanks for your time
Damon
GTM-P2G8KFN