Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with loopback interface with remote mirroring

Issue with loopback interface with remote mirroring

Marek_T
New Contributor
Hi all.
I configured remote mirroring according to "EXOS_User_Guide_16_1".
Remote mirror seems to work but i got BPDU error on intereface assigned as loopback for mirroring.
mirroring config:

create mirror "voip-span"
configure mirror voip-span to port-list 51,52 loopback-port 48 remote-tag 1000
configure mirror voip-span add vlan "PHONE" ingress
enable mirror voip-span

error message:

02/25/2016 11:21:24.02 : Port=48: Recv own loop back packet from same port
02/25/2016 11:21:26.01 : Port=48: Recv own loop back packet from same port
02/25/2016 11:21:28.02 : Port=48: Recv own loop back packet from same port

i got this on every switch i use as mirror source.

switch:
System Type: X460G2-48p-10G4
Image: ExtremeXOS version 16.1.1.4 by release-manager

During that error i got disruption with connectivity - every few pings are lost.
How can i resolve that ? Any ideas ?
7 REPLIES 7

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Marek, were you able to get this resolved?

Marek_T
New Contributor
Yes all are exos devices.
I'll go through all STP and vlan config once again on all switches and than we'll see if problem with mirroring is still occuring.

Thanks Henrique.

Henrique
Extreme Employee
Hi Marek,

That behavior (CPU utilization / bcmRX) indicates looping and it needs to be fixed prior to the remote-mirroring configuration.

Based on this topology, if all those devices are EXOS platform I would recommend you to enable EAPS instead of STP.

How many vlans have you extended among those 6 devices? Also, can you please confirm if all those units are EXOS platforms?

Marek_T
New Contributor
Hi.
Topology in short looks like this with "access switch loop to core" multiplicated on 3 different floors:

96d074794ffd4ea2893438035e7a059c_RackMultipart20160226-32991-150n527-Untitled_1_inline.png

When I remove loopback from stp errors stop showing up.
But now i have other issue - when LAG or even single link in lag between access switches is connected i got 50-60% cpu usage on all switches in network ! even on those on server side - so it looks like some storm or something. in TOP I just see bcmRX to use as mush as 40-50% of cpu.
And it is like this only on one floor.
I'm looking into STP but cannot find an issue. I think i'll need to first figure out what is the issue with that connection and then take care of that mirroring.

GTM-P2G8KFN