cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LACP issues

LACP issues

Jason_Hilt
New Contributor
I have some 450G2 switches that I can not get LACP LAG to work on. Core 670 switch is grouping ports 19 and 20. Sh lacp lag displays:
Member Port Rx Sel Mux Actor Partner
Port Priority State Logic State Flags Port
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
19 0 Current Selected Collect-Dist A-GSCD-- 1049
20 0 Current Selected Attached A-GS---- 2049
================================================================================
Actor Flags: A-Activity, T-Timeout, G-Aggregation, S-Synchronization
C-Collecting, D-Distributing, F-Defaulted, E-Expired

Remote switch shows:
Member Port Rx Sel Mux Actor Partner
Port Priority State Logic State Flags Port
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1:49 0 Current Selected Collect-Dist A-GSCD-- 1019
2:49 0 Defaulted Unselected Detached A-G---F- 0
================================================================================
Actor Flags: A-Activity, T-Timeout, G-Aggregation, S-Synchronization
C-Collecting, D-Distributing, F-Defaulted, E-Expired

I have tried moving the fiber cable to different pairs. removed and added the grouping. Disabled ports, renabled ports, all with no affect. Link lights are on both switches.

What can be wrong?

Not sure if this is a connected issue or not, but all of my network switches are also showing a loop detected on the uplink port from the core. ELRP is active on edge switches with the uplink ports excluded.
Slot-1: [CLI:vlan:2] LOOP DETECTED : 846382 transmitted, 9114521 received, ingress slot:port (1:49) egress slot:port (1:49)

Fairly new to Extreme switching so bear with me.
23 REPLIES 23

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
I would suggest opening a case with GTAC, since the configuration looks OK. LACP PDUs are sent on one end, but not received (or registered / correctly interpreted) on the other.

Jason_Hilt
New Contributor
Sorry about that. My initial problem was on a different network closet which fixed itself after I rebooted all of the switches that were having this problem. The latest posts deal with the one remaining closet that still isn't working.

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Hm, in the first post you showed ports 19&20 on the core, but EDP showed ports 11&12 on the core. Do you have configured the correct core ports for port sharing with LACP?

Jason_Hilt
New Contributor
Ports are correct. Disabled remote port 2:49 and port 11 on the core went offline.
SFP info is the same on both ends.
No txerrors or rxerrors on either port.
Changed out SFP with a working connection on both ends. No luck. Changed out fiber on both ends. No luck. Changed fiber pair again - third time. No luck.

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
So it seems the LACP PDUs from the core switch do not reach the X450, but the other direction works.

Did you verify that the transmission fiber strand from the X450 port 2:49 actually connects to the correct X670 port's receive fiber strand, e.g. by using EDP on the X670 switch?

Did you check the SFP types on both sides (core and access)?

Do you see errors on the ports (e.g. "show port 2:49 rxerrors no-refresh")?
GTM-P2G8KFN