cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAG Cisco 2960 to Summit x480

LAG Cisco 2960 to Summit x480

Tyler_Bartel
New Contributor
I am having trouble setting up an LACP LAG group between a cisco switch (2960g) and a Summit x460, can someone provide a sample config that has worked between these two OS's I have tried and been failing miserably. I have been successful at Cisco - Cisco LACP and Summit - Summit LACP but not a mix of the two.
10 REPLIES 10

rbrt
Contributor
enable sharing 47 grouping 47,48 lacp
configure vlan name-of-113 add ports 47 tagged
configure vlan name-of-560 add ports 47 tagged
configure vlan name-of-561 add ports 47 tagged

Marktwain_Carpe
New Contributor II
Hello friends, i am actually trying to do this same thing right now between a Cisco 2960 and a Summit x450x-48t. The Cisco Config side looks like this :
interface Port-channel1

description Trunk to Eng Extreme Switch

switchport trunk allowed vlan 113,560,561

switchport mode trunk

interface FastEthernet0/47

switchport mode trunk

shutdown

channel-group 1 mode active

interface FastEthernet0/48

switchport mode trunk

shutdown

I need to connect ports 47,48 to the trunk etherchannel on the Cisco. then i will have ports on the extreme assigned to the 3 vlans as i need them.

rbrt
Contributor
My guess would be that the STP configuration of two physical ports (maybe take the port channel into account as well) have different STP settings - whatever those may be. If I remember correctly, physical ports have to have the same basic configuration on a Cisco if you want to put them in a port channel.

Fastest solution: "show run" and compare the settings of all three (two physical, one virtual) ports.

Tyler_Bartel
New Contributor
thanks for the replies, I have tried this and after the config Robert provided the ports synched up but the cisco switch put the Po1 and gigE ports into err-disable with the messages: channel-misconfig (STP) error detected on Gi0/47, putting Gi0/47 in err-disable state channel-misconfig (STP) error detected on Gi0/48, putting Gi0/48 in err-disable state strangely enough i dont even have a cable connected to the Gi0/48 port yet Any thoughts on why Spanning tree would indicate a misconfiguration?

rbrt
Contributor
On Cisco side:

interface Port-channel 1
duplex auto
speed auto
exit
interface range GigabitEthernet 1/0/1 - 4
no shutdown

On Extreme side:

enable sharing 1 grouping 1,2 lacp

This should do it. If not, as Sumit said, dis- and re-enable the ports on either side. And _wait_ - negotiating everything may take quite some time.

Edit: At the Cisco end the physical ports should be set to "speed auto" and "duplex auto" as well.
GTM-P2G8KFN