cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAG sharing packet loss and high latency

LAG sharing packet loss and high latency

Jhonn_Bejar
New Contributor
I have 2 swtiches X670G2-48x-4q, both are working correctly with a LAG (2 ports), version is EXOS 16.1.3.6-patch1-9

Switch1:

enable sharing 10 grouping 10,14 algorithm address-based custom lacp

Switch2:

enable sharing 2 grouping 2,15 algorithm address-based custom lacp

When i add a third and fourth link to the LAG in production, like this:

Switch1:

Configure sharing 10 add port 37,38

Switch2:

Configure sharing 2 add port 9,17

I can see packets losts and high latency.

What could be the issue?, should i disable the sharing, and enable it with the new ports?

13 REPLIES 13

Edison
New Contributor II
Hi all, I work with Jhonn at the same company, and we have disabled the sharing in both sides like you recommended and create it with all 4 ports , but we still had packet loss when the sharing with the 4 ports was formed so we had to disable this two new ports and remove them from the sharing.

The sharing was formed correctlty

* MIR-EXT_AGREG.16 # show sharing
Load Sharing Monitor
Config Current Agg Min Ld Share Ld Share Agg Link Link Up
Master Master Control Active Algorithm Group Mbr State Transitions
========================================================
10 10 LACP 1 custom 10 Y A 2
custom 14 Y A 2
custom 37 Y A 4
custom 38 Y A 2

No txerrrors or rxerrors in new ports, but we noticed again there was congestion increasing in both new ports, in old ports there isnt any congestion. Theres no log that show any signal of what happened.

Could be a problem of the firmware?

Karthik_Mohando
Extreme Employee
Hi Jhonn,

Be wary when you are doing these changes.
First disable the ports and then disable..enable the sharing.

Ram3
Extreme Employee
Yes, you can try it on both switches. Prior doing it try to execute the command "clear counter" (it will clear the counter stats), then disable and re-enable the sharing. After re-configuring it, check the sharing status and use the command "show lacp counters" to verify the sharing PDU's are exchanged correctly and other parameters are correct.

Jhonn_Bejar
New Contributor
Hi Kartik, No rxerror nor txerrors. The show sharing shows that the newly ports are added to aggregation. There was congestion on the new port in both sides. About your remedy its necessary to do that in both sides (switches)?

Karthik_Mohando
Extreme Employee
Hi Jhonn,

Any link errors in the newly added ports?

"show port rxerrors"
"show port txerrors"

Does the "show sharing" indicate that the newly ports are added to aggregation?

One of the quick remedy i can think of is to take a maintenance window disable and enable the sharing with all intended ports at one go...
GTM-P2G8KFN