cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLDP configuration for Polycom CX600 (lync edition) with XOS 15.6.3.1

LLDP configuration for Polycom CX600 (lync edition) with XOS 15.6.3.1

Ron_Prague
New Contributor II
I was having a bear of a time getting our Polycom CX600 phones working with LLDP on our extreme switches, as the Vendor Specific DSCP tag 46 seems to be ignored by Lync Edition phones. Switches are X460-48P and X450-48P-G2 switches. LLDP configuration for the VOIP vlan is: configure lldp port 1-48 advertise vendor-specific med capabilities configure lldp port 1-48 advertise vendor-specific dot1 vlan-name vlan VOIP configure lldp port 1-48 advertise vendor-specific med power-via-mdi Configure lldp port 1-48 advertise system-capabilities Configure lldp port 1-48 advertise vendor-specific dot1 port-protocol-vlan-id vlan VOIP enable lldp ports 1-48 Hope this helps someone else.
2 REPLIES 2

Ron_Prague
New Contributor II
Suresh, I'll take a look and see if I saved them, but there's a few other posts on the net around talking about issues with the lync edition polycom phones and dscp is always advertised with a value of 0 from them, this was consistent with what I was seeing as well. If you look here: http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/What-I-learned-about-the-CX600-and-LLDP/td-p/11784 you'll see the DSCP value is advertised as 0 from the phone in the original query. My understanding is that the phone should advertise a specific DSCP value and that's used during the lldp configuration to assign the voice VLAN.

Bharathiraja__S
Extreme Employee
Hi Ron,

Do you have any capture that shows Lync phones are ignoring the packets ?

Thanks,
Suresh.B
GTM-P2G8KFN