cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load sharing (lacp)

Load sharing (lacp)

Sai_Prasad_Rao_
New Contributor III
If I have load sharing enabled on 1:4,2:4 with 1:4 as master. Do I need to put all vlans as tag on both 1:4 and 2:4 Or should I allow all vlans as tag on only master port 1:4 1:4,2:4 are ports of one core connecting to other core 1:4,2;4.
13 REPLIES 13

Hello Sai

Those are the correct commands. can you share the output you saw when it shows 1:4 tagged on one core and 1:4,2:4 on the other switch?

Also can you do a show port 1:4,2:4 info detail on both switches and post it?

Thanks
P

Core-A:

enable sharing 1:4 grouping 1:4, 2:4 algorithm address-based L2 lacp

Core-B:

enable sharing 1:4 grouping 1:4, 2:4 algorithm address-based L2 lacp

Could you please share the output for the command below on both core-a and core-b:

show configuration | include sharing
show sharing

OK makes sense

But on switch configuration why I am seeing 1:4,2:4 tagged for all vlans on core-a and only 1:4 tagged for all vlans on core-b . I mean config should be same on both cores right. Both core are connecting to each other over 1:4 and 2:4 and are running vrrp

When you create a LAG (let's say master = 1:4 and group = 1:4, 2:4) the master port represents the group for switch vlan configuration.

That means the switch will consider this LAG as port "1:4g" where "g" means Load Sharing port.

Based on that, when you do "configure vlan add ports 1:4 tagged", all the LAG will be applied/configured to that vlan.

When you do a "show vlan " you will see the following (based on above description):

Tag: 1:4g

If the master port goes down, traffic will be shared to the remaining ports.
GTM-P2G8KFN