cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load sharing (lacp)

Load sharing (lacp)

Sai_Prasad_Rao_
New Contributor III
If I have load sharing enabled on 1:4,2:4 with 1:4 as master. Do I need to put all vlans as tag on both 1:4 and 2:4 Or should I allow all vlans as tag on only master port 1:4 1:4,2:4 are ports of one core connecting to other core 1:4,2;4.
13 REPLIES 13

Any configurations you add to the master port are propagated to all other ports in the LAG, trying to add a VLAN or any other configuration to the secondary ports in the LAG will produce the following error:Error: Port is in load sharing mode. Perform all configuration changes to load share master .

The master port is the only port that needs to be added into any configuration.

Hey Sai

The Load share will use all links to send traffic from any VLAN on the port. You just use the master port to assign the Load Share to the VLAN.

So if the master port, or any port, goes down the load share will instantly move the traffic that was supposed to go over that port to one of the other ports.

When you add Load share port to a VLAN it will show the master port and have a flag that it is a shared port it will not show all of the other ports in the load share.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks
P

Didnt get that sorry

U mean allow all vlans on master port only , what if master port goes down? I have on one core: all vlans tagged on 1:4,2:4 On other core all vlans are tagged on 1:4 only
GTM-P2G8KFN