Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mcmgr process has crashed

mcmgr process has crashed

eyeV
New Contributor III
Hi everybody.

I have a strange message in log.
Process mcmgr pid 1487 died with signal 11Then switch immediately reboted.

What does this proceess responsible for?

9 REPLIES 9

eyeV
New Contributor III
Thanks. It seems very useful!

What XOS version is recommended for X670 and X480?

eyeV
New Contributor III
Hello again!
I'm unlucky fellow. My second core MLAG switch has rebooted recently.

I have some messages like below in log
pibL3MTUExceededInstallFilterLag(): Could not add action to send to CPU on 1:48, unit 1 (Table full).
And then...
CPU 1 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000000, epc == 80434b98, ra == 80434b40Could anyone advise what happened?

Tripathy__Priya
Extreme Employee
Hello,

Adding to the comments by Arun would like to post few things for the possible reason of Mcmgr being triggered as below:

1: while trying to save/retrieve the mcmgr configuration, this might have been seen. If so then the root cause would be mcmgr process is trying to get VLAN information and it did not get a response,which resulted in the crash.

2: Mcmgr process crashes sometimes after removing a slot from an existing stack and unconfiguring that slot using "unconf slot command

Thanks
Ranjan

Senguttuvan__Ar
Extreme Employee
Hi,

Process mcmgr is the multicast manager which takes care of storing the multicast entries. Looks like this process got crashed which led to switch reboot.

I would recommend you to open a case with GTAC to further investigate the crash.

While opening a case, I would recommend you to include following details to the case:

1. Was there any configuration change made to the network or switch prior to the crash?
2. Provide the complete show tech all output
3. We would also need the core dump which is available in ls internal-memory which can be taken out using the "upload debug " command.

eyeV
New Contributor III
Thanks!
GTM-P2G8KFN