cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mdns traffic with XOS and netlogin for wired clients.

mdns traffic with XOS and netlogin for wired clients.

Evan_Kuckelhei1
New Contributor
Hello, I have currently setting up mdns to work on our network. I currently have full netlogin enabled on the wired side. I have one policy domain for the wireless and wired. My issue is i have everything setup on the mdns side to contain to a specific mdns only vlan. However i also have wired clients that i would like to see the mdns requests. The wireless and wired vlans are separate. My core is a K-series and everything else is on the X-460-G2 platform. When i try to configure this for the wired side the same as the wireless side. there is no "contain to vlan" for a rule on the "X450G2/460g2/670g2/770/870" specific rule type is there some sort of acl that i can setup that will forward all the mdns traffic on the wired vlan to the mdns vlan also?
5 REPLIES 5

Evan_Kuckelhei1
New Contributor
I can setup a avahi-bridge inside vlan 300 and the seprate wired vlan's for each building but i would have to have multiple avahi-bridge's for multiple buildings. since my MDNS vlan doesnt have any egress to any other switches or core to keep a small broadcast domain for mdns contained to each switch stack or building.
GTM-P2G8KFN