Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Module SSH

Module SSH

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: May 9 2013 12:37PM

I hereby request this module ssh regarding the firmware version 15.1.0.20 switch Extreme XOS x440-24t, i tried the same in esupport not found. I have enough equipment installed remotely and need to enable the ssh server at all.
Example output one:

# show switch

**** hidden output ****

Current State: OPERATIONAL
Image Selected: primary
Image Booted: primary
Primary ver: 15.1.0.20
Secondary ver: 15.1.0.20

I could update the firmware (to some that I have the module ssh) installing secondary memory, setting the same priority for the boot and perform a reboot. But it is not an option because restarting the equipment is in production and is critical.

The modules that currently have are:

15.1.0.20 but can not find any way.

If anyone has or knows where it has and can provide would be very grateful.
(from Bruno_Correia)
8 REPLIES 8

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: May 22 2013 8:01PM

yes mine came with beta code, i upped all switches to the latest version before production so they were consistent across all switches, (from Conrad_Jones)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: May 22 2013 3:57PM

The earliest units of some switch models come off the production line with a beta version of XOS, written to enable them to boot and function, but the intent is that by the time customers receive the switches there will be a full production version of code available. The first X440 switches I received, for example, had beta code, but by the time I had them in my hands there was a non-beta XOS available to install on them before I installed them in production. This is not uncommon among switch manufacturers, in my experience.

We have a lot of X440 units in production now, and I'd highly recommend the latest XOS patch - 15.3.1.4-patch1-10. It contains several fixes specific to the X440. You can install the patch and SSH module at any time, and schedule a reboot during a maintenance window via the "reboot time ..." command. You can enable the SSH service once booted into the new version.

Hope this helps! (from Ansley_Barnes)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: May 13 2013 1:34PM

I had not asked along the lines of having the guidance of TAC.
http://www.extremenetworks.com/libraries/services/essuserguide.pdf

Sent the email again the model described in the TAC. Now just wait ...

thank you

* EDIT *

Received the return, the firmware is a BETA version and is not supported.

The guidance is to update the firmware.
Just do not understand why beta pass to their customers. (from Bruno_Correia)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: May 13 2013 6:22AM

have you tried TAC ?

it may be worth waiting a day or two as no extreme people seem to have posted on here for at least few days. (from conrad_jones)
GTM-P2G8KFN