Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Module SSH

Module SSH

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: May 9 2013 12:37PM

I hereby request this module ssh regarding the firmware version 15.1.0.20 switch Extreme XOS x440-24t, i tried the same in esupport not found. I have enough equipment installed remotely and need to enable the ssh server at all.
Example output one:

# show switch

**** hidden output ****

Current State: OPERATIONAL
Image Selected: primary
Image Booted: primary
Primary ver: 15.1.0.20
Secondary ver: 15.1.0.20

I could update the firmware (to some that I have the module ssh) installing secondary memory, setting the same priority for the boot and perform a reboot. But it is not an option because restarting the equipment is in production and is critical.

The modules that currently have are:

15.1.0.20 but can not find any way.

If anyone has or knows where it has and can provide would be very grateful.
(from Bruno_Correia)
8 REPLIES 8

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: May 12 2013 10:44PM

Yes it can be restarted at some point, but we avoid as much as possible because the SLA because it is a provider and in some of them there is no redundancy. I came here to ask because I thought it highly unlikely the manufacturer provide the module only for some versions of firmware, then I thought that someone might have not met.

But since no one commented on the extreme whether or not the module for the specific version of firmware I mentioned, I will have to opt for the "method" firmware update.

Thanks for the suggestion scheduling really use it for other things, such as, let's make some configuration that may impact on an outage, we usually do a reboot before scheduling just in the questions. The sector is responsible for 24x7 then probably the method adopted will be "in hand" even.

Thanks and until next time!

* Apologies for the excessive repetition of "I", I'm using Google Translator (from Bruno_Correia)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: May 11 2013 4:49PM

You said you can't reboot the switches because they are in use.

Are they in use 24 hours a day? 7 Days a week? 365 Days of the year?

Can you reboot them at 1:00am on sunday morning? if so then they can be rebooted by logging into them with telnet and issuing the reboot command, which could be automated to happen at a specific time using something like the tool i linked.

if you really have zero maintenance time ever, than I think you have bigger problems than not having ssh on your xos switches. (from conrad_jones)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: May 11 2013 3:37PM

I do not understand what you mean by "schedule a reboot."

I have access to the switch by telnet at the time. Only he did not want to be using telnet, all other switches in my network already installed the module and have disabled SSH telnet. There are only those who have the firmware version 15.1.0.20 because it found the corresponding SSH module. (from Bruno_Correia)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: May 10 2013 6:25AM

schedule a reboot???

if there is no in built function for scheduling a reboot (Feature request!)

then use something like this

http://support.moonpoint.com/download...
(from conrad_jones)
GTM-P2G8KFN