cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MVR multiple switches, multiple vlans

MVR multiple switches, multiple vlans

GCIT_Support
New Contributor II
We are running x460 (gen1). with default edge licensing. I need to be able to send multicast pages from Polycom VVX 400 IP phones. Pages need to go to multiple voice vlans across multiple switches. Is MVR possible solution for this? I have MVR working intra-switch, but cannot get it to work between switches. Any advise would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

David_Choi
Extreme Employee
Hi GCIT_Support,

Yes, this article states that if there is multicast traffic comming in VLAN-A, the Static-MVR makes the mcast traffic to be leaked to VLAN-B with the MVR static configurations (which is naturally not supported without any multicast protocols such as PIM).

The article also states the way of using ACL to leak only particular multicast traffics that you want. In other word, all multicast traffic would be leaked to VLAN-B if there is no ACL configured.

Best regards,
David

GCIT_Support
New Contributor II
I have it working between 2 switches following this tech note:
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-configure-Static-MVR-regardless-of-...
Correct me if I am wrong, the idea hear is the multicast sender message is getting leaked thru a common vlan between the switches?
GTM-P2G8KFN