cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native Stack Ports unavailable on x440-g2 48p

Native Stack Ports unavailable on x440-g2 48p

Valnas
New Contributor

I got 3 x440-g2’s and intended to use the stack ports with 10 Gbe SR SFP+ modules.  I popped them in and all three switches linked up. But as soon as I started trying to find the stacking guide I started banging my head against a wall.  

When I enable stack-support it shows that it’s only enabling the alternate ports (49 & 50)..

When I show stack-support it indicates the native ports are unavail. If i try to manually configure, it refuses to accept native as an option.

Tried doing it with the SFP’s in and out, daisy chained, ringed.  Could the SFP+ modules work but still not be satisfactory for extreme stacking ? Gtek transceiver & LC to LC Patch

6 REPLIES 6

Valnas
New Contributor

On the rear of my 440-g2 48 port, i have 51/52 as the shared copper/fiber stack native ports

26644205797c4db18fc237f57f82ae39_295f79cd-bdc8-4d83-a6fe-f6be4496a996.png

Should I be using 49/50?  I am basing most of my info off speaking to their sales, but they said that i could use copper or fiber and get 10Gbe stacking without a 10 Gb license.  I assumed that meant that the shared ports were 10G, and the other two were 1GB w/o a license.

When I enable stacking, the unit I enable on becomes a stack but it can’t see any nodes. No matter what I do I can’t see nodes with fiber on the 10Gb ports.  My spf+ dont’ work in 49 and 50.

davidj_cogliane
Contributor

I think I always use 49&50 for stacking so I can use a duel 10G license to make 51&52 uplinks.

What ports are you wanting to use? I know you said native but I can't picture that.

Thanks,

GTM-P2G8KFN