cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need ACL to "auto conf" AVAYA Phone

Need ACL to "auto conf" AVAYA Phone

gbs
New Contributor II
I work on a very large campus, we have a lot of avaya phones.

We have a voip vlan but our data vlan allow phones to work but it is better for us if all phones are in voip vlan.

How can i make one ACL to auto configure switch port when it detect a phone?

So it can get tagged vlan for voip and untagged vlan in the same port can be used for data.

We have extreme x460 with xos16.2.3.5.

I know how to do it "manually":

show lldp neighbors (with this i know witch port i want to do the conf) conf vlan voip add port x tag conf vlan data add port x untag enable lldp ports x configure lldp port x advertise system-name
configure lldp port x advertise vendor-specific avaya-extreme call-server 10.5.200.4
configure lldp port x advertise vendor-specific avaya-extreme file-server 10.5.200.4
configure lldp port x advertise vendor-specific avaya-extreme dot1q-framing auto
configure lldp port x advertise vendor-specific med capabilities
configure lldp port x advertise vendor-specific med power-via-mdi
configure lldp port x advertise vendor-specific dot1 vlan-name vlan vlan5
configure lldp port x advertise vendor-specific med policy application voice vlan vlan5 dscp 46
configure lldp port x advertise vendor-specific dot1 port-protocol-vlan-id vlan vlan5
configure lldp transmit-interval 5
5 REPLIES 5

dflouret
Extreme Employee
You can use Universal Port (UP) for that. With it, a port will be configured when an Avaya phone is connected to it, and unconfigured when it is disconnected. That way you can automate adding or moving a phone...

We used to have a very tight integration with Avaya before they bought Nortel switches, as you can see from this document from Avaya indicating how to configure a Summit X450e switch to do what i explained before:
https://app.box.com/s/qfrcjf2edy6mbe9rryx1cf0ryxaij33a

Things should not have changed too much although the document is 10 years old...

You can also check Chapter 7 - Universal Port in EXOS User Guide

gbs
New Contributor II
We have some phones that doesnt have lldp, i've tested with netlogin and it worked. Thanks 

Gerson,

When using LLDP there's a lot of information that is exchanged between the device and the switch. Two of those pieces of information are the device Manufacturer and the device Model. That information is passed to the script in variables like $EVENT.DEVICE_MANUFACTURER_NAME and $EVENT.DEVICE_MODEL_NAME. So using it you coud have a setup for Avaya phones, another for Polycom phones, etc. You could go even further and have different setups for different models within a single Manufacturer.

Now, bear in mind that some of the information sent back to the Avaya phones in propietary to Avaya and other phones will not know what to do with it. The proprietary TLVs are:
  • Avaya Power conservation mode
  • Avaya file server
  • Avaya call server
We are talking about phones here, but remember that this is a generic script. So if you add printers that can be identified through LLDP, you can add a section checking for a new Epson or HP printer and configure the port for the vlan where the printer should go...

UPM is generic automation based on a determined event (in this case we are talking of Device Authentication/Deauthentication) and you take action based on a set of parameters passed by the Event Handler to the script you create. For a complete list of variables available, please check the Universal Port chapter in the User Guide.

gbs
New Contributor II
Very thank you!

Now, how can i do the same configuration for another phone vendor, like Polycom?

Polycom OUI: 00:04:F2
GTM-P2G8KFN