cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need ACL to "auto conf" AVAYA Phone

Need ACL to "auto conf" AVAYA Phone

gbs
New Contributor II
I work on a very large campus, we have a lot of avaya phones.

We have a voip vlan but our data vlan allow phones to work but it is better for us if all phones are in voip vlan.

How can i make one ACL to auto configure switch port when it detect a phone?

So it can get tagged vlan for voip and untagged vlan in the same port can be used for data.

We have extreme x460 with xos16.2.3.5.

I know how to do it "manually":

show lldp neighbors (with this i know witch port i want to do the conf) conf vlan voip add port x tag conf vlan data add port x untag enable lldp ports x configure lldp port x advertise system-name
configure lldp port x advertise vendor-specific avaya-extreme call-server 10.5.200.4
configure lldp port x advertise vendor-specific avaya-extreme file-server 10.5.200.4
configure lldp port x advertise vendor-specific avaya-extreme dot1q-framing auto
configure lldp port x advertise vendor-specific med capabilities
configure lldp port x advertise vendor-specific med power-via-mdi
configure lldp port x advertise vendor-specific dot1 vlan-name vlan vlan5
configure lldp port x advertise vendor-specific med policy application voice vlan vlan5 dscp 46
configure lldp port x advertise vendor-specific dot1 port-protocol-vlan-id vlan vlan5
configure lldp transmit-interval 5
5 REPLIES 5

Stephen_Elliot1
Contributor
Hi,

I don't think you need an ACL, just tag your ports with the voice vlan and untag the ports in the data vlan(s) then use LLDP to advertise the voice vlan to the handset.

configure lldp port [all] advertise vendor-specific med policy application voice vlan [voice-vlan] dscp [dscp]

The phone should accept the LLDP advertisement and drop the phone into the correct vlan.

GTM-P2G8KFN