cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netsight 6.3 G2 switches

Netsight 6.3 G2 switches

GCIT_Support
New Contributor II
We have netsight 6.3 and a mixture of X450 (G1), X460 (G1) X440 G2. Archive, image upgrade, monitoring works fine for G1 gear. I am having issues with image upgrade on 440 g2 from Inventory Manager. It says unknown image binary family.
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Brian_Anderson1
Contributor
My recommendation is to upgrade to 8.3, Extreme has done a lot of work moving from Java based app to the web based app, and it is pretty nice.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

FredrikB
Contributor II
XMC 8.3 works really well with some 1000 switches for one of my customers. They have a mix with X450e being the oldest and X870 being the newest switches. In between those models you find G1's and G2's of more or less all sorts. A lot has changed from NS 6.3 and for the most part it's for the better I think. I don't think you'll be able to keep your network maps though. They were lost in some upgrade step for us. Open a TAC case for this if you really neeeeed your layouts in the maps to be converted into the new format.

/Fredrik

GCIT_Support
New Contributor II
Thanks. Will check into that.

Brian_Anderson1
Contributor
My recommendation is to upgrade to 8.3, Extreme has done a lot of work moving from Java based app to the web based app, and it is pretty nice.

GCIT_Support
New Contributor II
Thanks, what is the recommended management platform for Extreme Switching?
GTM-P2G8KFN