cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On an X450a-48t is there a way to put more than one command on the command line ? e.g. in UNIX commands can be separated by a semi-colon

On an X450a-48t is there a way to put more than one command on the command line ? e.g. in UNIX commands can be separated by a semi-colon

John_Nicolson
New Contributor
On an X450a-48t is there a way to put more than one command on the command line ? For example in UNIX commands can be separated by a semi-colon
9 REPLIES 9

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
Nice to hear that you fixed it.
If you can paste the script here it will help many people looking for similar solution.

John_Nicolson
New Contributor
Hi All, many thanks for all of your replies. I have used the Unix Expect TCL Script to resolve my issue but I found the only way I could get the Expect script to interact with the ExtremeOS was to 'send' all of the commands I want to run in one command line separated by '\n'. For example, for those familiar with Expect TCL scripting, this is the line I use "send -- "disable clipaging\nshow l2stats\nshow ipstats\nshow port statistics no-refresh\n\n"". So the solution I found is a combination of your suggestions. Thanks again for your replies.

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
Maybe my comment to John's post is a bit hidden.

I can't test right now, but would inserting a \n between commands would work? Worth the try.

rbrt
Contributor
Actually, I do have a use case where having multiple commands in one line would be extremely useful: Changing IP addresses. Doing a
unconfigure vlan OldMgmtVLAN ipaddress ; configure vlan NewMgmtVLAN ipaddress [list=1]
would be faster and easier than writing a script to do this. Yes, it's just a matter of convenience, but hey...
GTM-P2G8KFN